Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Ski Jumps!

I was a little late getting home today, and everyone had eaten dinner without me. I came in the front door, and had barely set my backpack down when the Maestro was yelling something about ski jumps and opening his cello case.

He wanted to show me the new things he learned at his lesson today. I gathered from what he said that he used his left hand, or cello hand, to slide down the strings to the end of the finger board, and then PLUCK! he jumps off the end. He also learned to knock, with a fist, down the length of the finger board. These excercises are apparently designed to help prepare him for fingering notes later.

He didn't get his real bow, but was so happy about the new way to pluck that he didn't even seem to notice.

While the Maestro was showing me his new tricks, Hildr decided to play cello too. She lies down in the cello case and pulls it closed over her. I refrained from zipping her inside this time. Riley says that we shouldn't play that game anymore...

No comments: