Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Checklist

Riley's email update to Hildegard about progress this week.

I'm making up a computer spreadsheet with our practice items. It's time to whittle down the list a little bit, so I was thinking of having "toes tickle". Beginning bow, use foot chart, come off the chart. They have become so routine that I don't think I need to check them off. I was thinking of having a "warm up" spot on the checklist. Would you consider knuckle knocks, ski jumps, bird wings, "up like a rocket" and rock and roll to be warm up? Some of these have lost their appeal, or aren't much of a challenge, so maybe I can come up with a way to reinvent them… Are there others that I'm not thinking of? Sirens, and the "I like apple pie" slap base are still a stretch for Evan, so I was thinking of having those in a diff. section. How do you feel about me leaving plucking to Death and the Maiden off the chart for now, based on what we'd previously discussed? Our progress on last weeks assignments has been mixed: moderate with "I like apple pie" and have gotten resistance on "roll to the cool string". He is now up to 105 bow holds with his real bow. His four fingers are staying more and more in their place as he saws, but his dear thumb still reverts right to its tight hold on the whatchamacallit (nice huh? The thing with the "moon")

No comments: