Sunday, September 24, 2006

Hildegard Joins The Blog

We have decided, with Hildegard, that she can use her experiences with The Maestro as part of her degree work. Because there is only one Maestro, he can't be part of a large number quantitative study like we are used to in the physical and biological sciences. In education there is another option, the qualitative study, which seems like it is basically a summary of what was done and what happened. Hildegard gave us some examples of what that would look like for the Maestro by writing some lesson summaries.

I posted them, so new old posts that you haven't read are available. They are labelled "Hildegard", so if you find one with with a Hildegard link at the bottom, click on it, and it will bring all of them up for you.

I'm not exactly clear on what aspects of their lessons will end up as papers. I think that there will be four papers, with at least on being a long range study. I think that means that Hildegard will call us every few years to ask us if the Maestro still likes music.

I guess since I run this blog, but I post emails that Riley sends to Hildegard, and Hildegard's assessments, and my own psychotic musings, I ought to go back an put Riley and Elwood City labels on our stuff as well, just so those of you keeping score at home can keep us straight.

No comments: