Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Riley's week 4 Summary

Hildegard-

I'm sorry that I didn't get back to you this a.m. like I said. I wasn't able to to get in contact with Maria D. until this afternoon. I'm hoping that 2:45 might be okay with you. It's not as early as I would like for The Maestro (especially after we made a bit of a fuss about trying to have his lessons early), but Maria and her daughter Pink could consistently watch Hildr at that time each Wednesday. Hildr tends to cry (and cry and cry) whenever I leave her with anyone but Elwood. When we've been at the D's, Hildr has let Pink carry her around,and into different rooms, which is a pretty uncommon for Hildr to allow that. So, if that arrangement goes well, 2:45 would be a good permanent time for us to come.

As for the report for this week, The Maestro was in kind of rough shape this weekend, and has really resisted a lot of things, including cello practice. (On Sunday, The Maestro wasn't willing to nap after church and we had cello practice in his tired state and he ended up hitting his cello with a cardboard box lid. He immediately felt horrible about it and sobbed and sobbed. ) I've wondered if maybe I was being too liberal with the correction, and have squeezed out a lot of the fun of it for him by putting restrictions on all of his favorite things to do with his cello, so the past few days we have spent a lot of time on singing and rhythm of Twinkle, and not as much time actually touching the cello. We've sung so many silly words to the different variations, have done windwands and dancing to the rhythm, and have learned a few new cello part terms (peg box, belly... etc). I feel kind of like I've slacked off, but I guess if ever a 3 1/2 year old needed a little slack, this week has been that week... I think I'm starting to get a hang of The Maestro's energy ebb and flow now that he's in preschool, so hopefully I'll be better at catching him at good times.

Well, I better go, but we are looking forward to tomorrow.

-Riley

No comments: